Friday, November 13, 2009

It's been a busy morning in my kitchen :o)

So I set a schedule with daily task that I want and need to accomplish. I have never been one much for a schedule routine ..blame the artist in me.. but the other part is that I don't get all the things done I need to do or even want to do. So we now have time to write, make soap, woodburn, sketch, crochet and other personal things such as school work.

This morning started out good and while I was a little behind said schedule I appear now to be back on track with time, and I feel pretty good about it. So this morning I made cranberry apple soap with accomodating bath bombs.. and yes it smells as good as it sounds...can you say YUMMY? Of course these are not recommended for food consumption as I don't think they will make your stomach relax or clean but rather make you feel quite terrible. Anyway, I wanted to share some pictures with you of the the soap in the mold and the bath bombs as they are hardening waiting ot be packaged.




So these will be ready in a few days :o) Generally I like to use the Hot Press method as the curing time is a lot faster than with the cold press method and they could be ready in about 48 hours, sometimes less but I like to have a little extra time. The cold press method is faster in prep time but requires the soap to cure for a minimum of 4 weeks ..the longer the soap cures the milder it becomes
So look forward to seeing pictures with the unmolded and cut soap in a few days.





0 comments: