Monday, January 25, 2010

Thought for the Week

As I was pondering about today's post and typing in some keywords, this is what I came across:

"When I woke up this morning lying in bed, I asked myself,
'What are some of the secrets of success in life?'
I found the answer right there, in my very room.
The Fan said… Be Cool.
The Roof said… Aim High.
The Window said… See the World.
The Clock said… Every minute is Precious.
The Mirror said… Reflect before you Act.
The Calendar said… Be up to date.
The Door said… - Push Hard for your Goals."

Author Unknown

This is one of the most inspiring and thought provoking words I have come across. How often do we take the time and look around and hear what our surroundings tell us? Can we hear the messages we receive in the world we live in? We all have reasons of why we do the things we do such as working in a specific field or owning/operating our own business.What is your secret of success? What inspires you to do what you do?

I think I need to listen harder but I know that success is measured in various forms. I am a successful mother! I am a successful student! Why am I successful? Dedication and persistence and believing that I can. I will do the same in my career as a counselor and as a small business owner who just loves to do what I love to do :)

0 comments: