Monday, February 22, 2010

Thought for the Week

If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain. 
Maya Angelou

This quote by Maya Angelou can be applied to so many facets in our lives. I think this months has been focusing on that we are the captains of our boat. How we think and often feel influences our behavior and actions to follow. 
There are a few areas of my life that I do have control, that I am changing one day at a time, while other aspects are beyond my control but I stay positive. 
In the last week I was tired, wanted to nap 'n sleep and not do much of anything. Stress was triggered by several facets of life and mostly items that I cannot change. My body has been aching (in part because I feel the weather in my bones) but also because I'm tired and my body yelling at me to take care of it. So I slowed down, didn't do half the things I wanted to, laid on the couch, took napes and yesterday...well yesterday was a super lazy day though I did end up crocheting in the evening. 

I can change my attitude and so today is a new  day. It is time to refocus and change the things I can and be okay with the things I cannot. It is very true that attitude (which we control) is what influences who we encounter and how we approach things.

0 comments: