Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Artist of the Week - TDN Creations



1. Why did you decide to open a shop?

I wanted to share my creations with the world, and have an opportunity to sell them to people who appreciate handmade items.

2. How did you get into your art?

I have been crafting for as long as I can remember. I "discovered" wire working several years ago, and a passion was born. I then decided to take metalsmith classes to bring my creations to the next level. I've been working with many different materials, from felt to silk, to polymer clay and crystals. But my favorite of all is silver. Especially silver wire. Now, most of my work include wire. It is so versatile. You can twist it, weave it, crochet it, knit it, make jump rings and chainmaille with it... So many possibilities that I want to explore thoroughly.


3. What do you love about what you are doing?

I love being able to create all day long. I enjoy the process as well as the result and welcome any surprise as a lesson to improve my technical skills and abilities as a metalsmith.

4. How does your art fit into your dreams for your life?

As a child, I never dreamed about becoming an artist because people told me it was a tough world out there and that I needed an academic education to get a job and earn a living. So I went to university, graduated in Foreign languages and Economics and found a job in a big company. But that was not my dream. I needed to create with my hands. I needed art in my life, because without creativity, I felt empty. That’s when I decided to change my career and become a professional artist.

5. What have you learned about yourself from starting your shop and learning your art form?

Jewelry making is an art form that demands a lot on concentration and patience. Everything you do is miniaturized and precise so you have to be very careful in all the steps you’re taking in fabricating a piece. I used to be impatient to see results, but now, I learned to appreciate the process when working on complicated projects.

Starting and managing an online shop taught me how to be very organized in all aspects of a business. Being the only person  in charge, from marketing to accounting, through shipping and taking pictures, I learned to manage my time better.

This is where you can find TDN Creations




I hope you enjoyed today's feature. If you are interested in being featured, please contact me: admin@hippiescreations.com

2 comments:

Magaly Guerrero said...

Absolutely interesting and I bet it resonates in the soul of every artist, regardless of inclination. We all start with a dream that some are lucky enough to shape into reality. It's uplifting to read about someone who has. Thanks for sharing!

Also, I've nominated you for the You Are a Beautiful Blogger Because You Have Sunshine Award Combo.

Hippie's Creations said...

:) thanks