Wednesday, March 17, 2010

My Featured Item or rather project for the week

So this past week or two I have been crocheting baby outfits! They are super simple, super easy, made out of cotton and that makes them awesome for spring days, cooler evenings and well just plain cute!
 I remember when my kids were little I was not into crocheting clothes or accessories as I was more of a afghan/filet crochet kind of person. Now that I have been crocheting for 20-some years (started in like middle school home-economics class of sorts) I have ventured into different items...interests...skills..

Some of my friends are having babies and I am working on a project for an upcoming baby shower (can't reveal what it is because she's also a fan..haha). I had ordered a bunch of cotton yarn but didn't want to just make wash cloth or place-mats and this lil outfits are perfect. In the cooler spring days and colder evenings of summer...a baby doesn't need to be overly dressed/too warm but more comfortable without breaking into a sweat...look cute and all that jazz!

I remember my oldest (who is turning 18 in 3 months) was wearing a bib because well babies are messy and how many times do you want to change their clothes? This cotton bib is awesome, colorful with a cute frog button on top! Yeap, I'd used it if I'd have a baby..but the youngest is 6 (so no need!)

In the next week or so I hope to list some in the etsy shop along with the other items...in addition to other items swirling in my head!


Well, I am off to finish another bootie to have another complete set in blue! 

I do take custom/special orders if you are interested!

0 comments: