Thursday, April 22, 2010

Food of the week

One of the things I miss are waffles. Yea I can get waffles here, but are they the same? Nope. You call them Belgium Waffles.. I call them American .. haha.. I grew up with this recipe, which may not differ much from the Belgium and/or American recipe. I think the difference is however that I do add *some* sugar to the batter and that *I don't* use syrup. I use powdered sugar.. and while still sugar in a weird-funky way find this option healthier than syrup which appears to have *more* sugar.. and in reality is simply too sweet for me. 

Anyway, the other day when I set up in Kent Store - they had this huge yard sale that benefits their community (awesome!) and this is found where I found a waffle iron for ... $1.00. Couldn't pass it up I was not leaving it there... nope
Waffle Recipe

  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
  • 8 egg yolks
  • 7/8 cup milk
  • 2 cups flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • Gratings of lemon (optional)
  1. Cream the butter and add the sugar, beating to a cream.
  2. Add egg yolks and beat thoroughly.
  3. Sift the flour, salt, and baking powder together and add to creamed mixture, alternating with the milk.
  4. Add the lemon peel and blend thoroughly.
  5. Cook on hot waffle iron and serve.
 Now I must find the time to make some!!

0 comments: