Friday, April 9, 2010

Fun Facts - a little bit of a change up


I'm a big Beatles fan, but I am a bigger John Lennon fan (named my last kid after him..first name Lennon). I think my biggest admiration comes from the facts that he stood up for what he believed in, no matter what other folks thought of him or his views - right and/or wrong doesn't even matter. I have a big book with his history as well as a Beatles book (I got all their music on my ipod..haha) and because it is something I like.. I will be sharing some facts that I have learned or am learning reading the books...though it will not be limited entirely to just the Beatles or John Lennon.. I am hoping to fill this with some other fun facts in the future!!! 

George Harrison was deported from Germany for being under age on Dec. 5, 1960. This would be my mother's 3rd birthday at the time. 14 years or so before I'd be born.. 

Other interesting notions that happened in the 1960's

  • Alfred Hitchcock's Psycho Released
  • Brazil's Capital Moves to Brand New City
  • First Televised Presidential Debates
  • Lasers Invented 


Are you interested in being featured? Every Tuesday I feature an artist. I have a few questions for you to answer. I will pull the pictures of your Etsy shop - unless you don't want me to do that. So contact me admin@hippiescreations.com or hippiescreations@gmail.com!

3 comments:

hoffee and a nuffin said...

Have you watched the Beatles Anthology (box set) and Concert for George? A couple of my favorite Beatles things I own... I LOVE The Beatles, too and agree about John. Sipping coffee from my favorite Beatles mug ~ hope you have a wonderful weekend! :)

Hippie's Creations said...

Ugh no I haven't.. I have a few videos of them.. but not that one.. :(

hoffee and a nuffin said...

Oh, you would just LOVE it! Try to get your hands on it... add it to your birthday/Christmas wish lists (?)