Friday, November 5, 2010

Day Five - Something you hope to do in your life.

I'm a woman full of dreams and goals and I am happy that some of them have come together for me. For one - yes I have earned (one) of the degrees I wanted and two - wanted a craft store - and while it may not be the traditional craft store I envisioned 16 years ago - its good enough for me (technology is a beautiful thing- really it is well ok until it goes kaputt). And there are still some things I have left to accomplish - such as the ongoing debate of eventually going back to school (what are you nuts? Seriously?) and well becoming a foster parent (oh yes I am crazy!).

I remember having that one social worker that believed in me and it only takes one person that can affect/effect and change someones life.  I want to be that kind of person to make an impact on another. I think my children have learned some lessons - they have certainly taught me some and if I can share a life and give love to another child - yes!

When I gave birth to my youngest (who is now 7) I decided that I no longer will or want to bear children (4 kids and I was done for). It is a decision I don't regret but I do have the longing and wanting to be a foster mom - it is on the goal list once said youngest has pulled through the next surgery in waiting.. I will in deed make a difference and make someone's life so much better

0 comments: