Saturday, September 22, 2012

I feel like I am cheating ...

ahh so my first love is and always has been crochet. I have done this since oh my eldest was still in-uterus (he's 20 now). Over the years I have experimented and tried and crafted... and love anything that allows my creativity to flow - but I always keep coming back to crocheting. I do believe however that experimenting and exploring is a must (for all) - even for the ones that say they don't have talent. It's not always about talent but about the creating process itself.. and just because you cannot draw does not mean you can't be good at something else... right? RIGHT!

So we went to Barnes & Nobles not too long ago to exchange a book my love bought me and I already had. I came across "Stray Sock sewing, too" and "Sockology" and I have been going nuts with them. I have bought more books as well since then.. and just love love love the concept of sock critters.. but also the notion to combine socks and crochet.. or use the patterns to guide my crochet work instead of socks.. I have lots of yarn.. not enough socks :)

Anyway I am having lots of fun creating the critters but needed to take a break to fulfill some orders.. I have in the last week created a rat hat, shipped of a horseshoe flower that my other half created and am in the process of crocheting his & hers slippers hopefully to ship out tomorrow or Saturday - and then its back to sock critters - maybe - I do have an event coming up in October and should review what I want to take with me!
The Gang's all here
Bunny

Cat
Monkey Business

0 comments: